"It was hard to make the decision to give up my home. But the people here are very kind. And there are all sorts of activities so you’ll never be bored. I like the fact that I can still make decisions. If I want my privacy, I can stay in my room. If I feel like visiting, I have plenty of friends around."
Our Commitment to You
Since 1926 Loretto has been committed to caring for older adults, with the mission “to improve the quality of life for older adults in Central New York.” Over the past 90 years, the breadth and depth of Loretto’s role in the community has grown as it responded to needs and explored the most meaningful ways to serve elders and their families.
Now, drawing on its historical roots and current foundation, the organization readies itself for a significant and dynamic future role. To define this role and propel the organization toward it, a new mission statement has been embraced:
“Loretto, rooted in a rich heritage of faith and service, works to honor and empower Elders and those who care for them to live with purpose, wholeness and dignity.”
- Honesty is essential to trust. We at Loretto will ensure our words and actions are consistent and rooted in the wellbeing of all we serve.
- Each member of our community is held in high esteem. We at Loretto will honor the rights and traditions of each individual.
- The greater the need, the larger our mission. We at Loretto consider compassionate care for the Elders to be our highest priority.
- Outstanding care is our highest ideal. We at Loretto aspire to provide unparalleled service to our Elders and Caregivers through continuous improvement and innovation.
- The greatest accomplishments are achieved through teamwork. We at Loretto recognize that our relationships allow us to forge beyond our individual limitations and enable us to attain common goals.
Statement of Identity
At Loretto we embrace aging. We succeed only when we meet or exceed the expectations of all whose lives we touch. We have a passion for excellence and will deliver the highest standards of integrity and fairness. We celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and culture. We honor the dignity and value of individuals without distinction. We improve the communities in which we work and live. We encourage innovation, accept accountability and inspire change. We seek knowledge and growth through continuous learning.
“Loretto will transform the face of elder care in Central New York.”